Q: Catalytic converter rust repair? 2003 Ford Escort

Rust hole in catalytic converter can it be repaired inexpensively ?

Hello - the short answer is that repairing the case of a catalytic converter is not a good idea. With your mileage, the catalyst is likely at a very low efficiency point in its life. Also, the evidence of rust in one spot on the case usually means there is more rust lurking about, and it will show up very quickly as another rusty hole. I would recommend having the catalytic converter replacedby by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.