Q: I have a 2008 BMW 335i battery died. I have been told I need to have it mated or registered to my electrical system to prevent ove

No indication of low battery. Parked car came back 20 min later inserted fob and hit start button , the car turned over once failed to start. Then my headlights,tail lights,interior warning lights started blinking there was a whirl sound as well when the above situation occured. Was unable to remove my fob for about 15 min. After removing the fob the car would not lock or unlock attempted to jump the vehicle with the provided jump post in the engine compartment , unsuccessfully. Road side assistance attempted jump via jump box which also failed. Per BMW dealer this is apparently normal during battery failure.

Hi there. This video is a pretty good tutorial on removing and replacing the battery on your 335i. You may have to reset the electrics on the vehicle, which this video shows how to accomplish this step. There is no need to go to the dealership as long as you do it correctly and follow the exact steps recommended in the vehicle service manual (which you can purchase online).

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr