Q: stalls when put in gear

so i rebuilt my throttle body and replaced all the vacum lines and egr valve. when the truck is in park or nutruel the rpms are fine but when i but it in drive or reverse the rpms go down to about 700. sometimes just stalls out. i can drive it a couple feet and it stalls out when i release the gas pedal.

A: The idle control valve may be stuck or you ...

The idle control valve may be stuck or you have a vacuum leak. Try to disconnect the vacuum lines to the EGR valve to see if it still stalls. This may be due to problems in the vacuum system. Try and disconnect the idle air valve to see if the engine idles down and dies. If the idle stays the same is an indication the valve does not work and may need to be replaced. If the problem still exists, then have the computer scanned for codes and diagnose any codes received. You may want to consult a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, if you would like a diagnosis and repair of your stalling issue.