Q: My engine rattles and klinks loudly and when I drive it won't go over 20 mph , i don't know what to do, some one help me

asked by on February 25, 2017

It klinks loud and hard when I start it and it won't go over 20 mph and I don't know what to do!

Hello, and thank you for writing in. The first thing we need to do is identify the cause of the noise. Rattling is usually related to a broken timing chain, a drive belt or pulley issue, or more serious issue with the engine or transmission. You may want to start by looking at the drive belt and timing belt (if you are equipped to get to the timing belt). If no problems are found then, check your engine oil level and condition. Change the oil if needed, and look for metal or signs of eternal engine damage. You may then need to turn your attention to the transmission and torque converter. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr