Q: New battery , new starter. Car won't start

asked by on April 01, 2017

Car won't start. I bought a new starter and new battery. What else could be wrong

Neutral Safety Switch Replacement $94.98 - $1035.92 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Check to see if there are any stored diagnostic trouble codes. Although the battery is "new" be sure it is actually fully charged. Confirm that the engine immobilizer system (security system) is not activated thus preventing the car from starting. If the immobilizer system is on, you may see a security warning light. If the warning light is on, to temporarily override the immobilizer system, see these instructions. If there is no starter motor operation at all, that is if there is no starter operation with the key held in the "start" position, the procedure is to test for power and voltage drops to the starter motor/solenoid. If there is no power or a large voltage drop is measured, then the electrical circuit supplying the motor has a fault. That circuit begins at the battery and includes grounds, wiring (some of which is very heavy cabling), fuses, relays, the ignition switch, neutral start switch, and terminations. Basically, with a fully charged battery, and with the key held in the "start" position, the starter is either getting power or it isn’t. If you desire that a certified mechanic resolve this, please request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get the problem diagnosed and repaired for you. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.