Q: While driving I heard a clicking/knocking sound from the driver's side rear.

When driving in traffic, less than 15 mph, I heard the clicking/knocking. When able to drive 20 mph or more it stopped. It did not make noise again.

It could be as simple as having picked something up in the tread of the tire. It’s surprising how much noise you can get from something like a bottle cap stuck in the tread. A good place to start is a careful tire inspection. Of course any noise that seems to be associated with the speed of the car could point to the axles or the wheel bearings, but there isn’t really any way to make that call without inspecting the car. If you want to know the facts you can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to check out your car and make a recommendation.

• While driving I heard a clicking/knocking sound from the driver's side rear.