Q: Car feels sluggish

My car has felt sluggish and slow for a few weeks. The gas pedal feels loose so I have to press down on it more to get it up to speed. My car battery died multiple times in the last few weeks so after having it checked out and being told that a bad battery will affect performance I replaced it and cleaned the connectors today thinking that it would start to perform like it used to but nothing has changed.

A: Hi there: Once your vehicle starts, the jo...

Hi there:

Once your vehicle starts, the job of the battery is pretty much complete. The alternator is what powers vehicle systems while the engine is running; which is possibly what's causing the battery to drain, and the engine to be sluggish. However, the two different symptoms may not be related; which is why it's always best to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection, to determine exactly what's causing your symptoms and recommend the right repairs.