Q: Passenger's side wheel vibrates

asked by on February 18, 2016

The passenger's side wheel vibrates, but when I turn left, the vibration goes away.

It sounds like you have a faulty wheel bearing. The vibration goes away when you turn because you are loading the bearing and taking up all of the play. Wheel bearings can be checked by jacking up the vehicle, and rocking the tire/wheel up and down by hand, while checking for play. They can also be checked by spinning the wheel and feeling for roughness. Wheel bearings are a safety issue, so I suggest you have your wheel vibration issue diagnosed as soon as possible. The team at YourMechanic is here to help.