Q: Thudding noise after tire rotation

My car has gone 75,000 miles. I had different brands of tires on the car but they performed well. The front tires were all-season ones. Recently, I had the tires rotated. After that, I started noticing a thudding sound. It seems to be coming from the front end, at the driver's side. I was told it is due to very little tread left on the tire. I am planning to put all-season tires on all wheels as I heard they have great performance in the winter. What do you think about putting all-season tires? I'm also considering getting winter tires when it is time. I would like to know if the winter tires are a worthwhile investment. What do you think?

Hello there. Without knowing what kind of weather and snow the area you live in sees, I will answer this as best as possible. In most places in the country, all-season tires can be used (as the name implies) during all seasons and in light snow without any issues. In places where heavy snow and adverse weather conditions are present, snow tires are often used. Snow tires can even be used with chains or studs if the weather is bad enough. There is no one solution and it depends on where you live. If you use snow tires after winter, the tires must be switched back to an all season tire or summer tire to not wear the snow tires rapidly.