Q: A/C vents not blowing out air

It’s getting really warm weather and the a/c vents in my car aren't blowing any air out of them. There is a little air that blows out of the top dash vent, by the windshield; also a small bit on the floor vent, but none from the vents directly in front of the driver’s area. What is causing this?

Hello there. This is not an uncommon fault. The AC system uses various doors and motors to control where the AC comes out and the temperature of it. Over time, it is common for the mode selection actuator to fail, which can cause the air to only come out one set of vents.

Usually the amount of air is not affected just where it comes out. With the air level dropping, it would be best to inspect the blower motor as well. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your AC system and perform any repairs required.