Q: Clunk, Clank, and Throttle.

I have just replaced the inner tie rod ends and also the also the sway bar links. The truck drove great for a month and now has begun to make a clunking noise while driving down the street (especially upon hitting a bump ) the clunking sounds to be coming from the drivers side front wheel. The steering column was replaced by Ford due to a recall issued. The lower column, which, according to Ford wasn't touched during the replacement needed a lower column knuckle. (It began making a loud noise while driving over a bump, soon after Ford did there repair) the steering now intermittently makes a clanking sound when turned all the way left or right. The last issue is one that scares me most ($wise)the vehicle has always driven well... up until recently when I was merging on the highway and watched the tachometer Rev way up, over 5500 and the speedometer kinda sluggishly try to get up to speed. This is becoming constant but only happens when trying to get from, say 45 to 60 ...

Check the suspension and steering around the driver side and see if there is anything that could be loose. Look for any bolts or bushings that may be loose or broken.

For the engine revving up on the freeway merging, that could be the transmission downshifting as the throttle is pushed down more or the transmission is slipping causing the engine rpm’s to go up when the transmission clutches inside the transmission is not grabbing hard. For you revving issue, I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose the condition of your transmission.

3. Clunk, Clank, and Throttle.