Q: valve body swap from a 5R44E to a 4R44E.

can u swap a valve body from a 5r44e trans to a 4r44e would it work still

Yes you can swap out the valve bodies as they will bolt right up, however, the computer will need to be replaced for the transmission controller as it is programmed for a 5 speed and not a 4 speed. The check engine light will come on for a missing gear and put the transmission in limp mode. If you need further assistance with swapping your valve body, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.