Q: How do I use the console box in a 2012 Toyota RAV4?

How do I use the console box?

Your car’s console box (or center console if you prefer) is designed to provide you with additional storage space. It also acts as an armrest for the driver and front passenger. There are actually two storage areas here – this is what you need to do to use them:

• To access the upper tray area, just lift the lid. The center tray is the smallest area in the console box, and useful for storing smaller items that you need to access more frequently.

• To access the lower box, lift the lever located at the bottom-front of the console box and then pull the lid up. The upper tray portion will lift up, revealing a more spacious storage compartment underneath.

Tips

Don’t drive with either the upper tray or lower box open as it can result in injuries if stored items fly out during an impact.

3. How do I use the console box in a 2012 Toyota RAV4?