Q: My 2007 Pontiac Hard Top convertible does not go down with this message " TOP TOO COLD" , also my outside tem is stuck on 73F

asked by on February 10, 2018

My 2007 Pontiac Hard Top convertible does not go down with this message " TOP TOO COLD" , also my outside tem is stuck on 73F, I already replaced the ampient temp sensor but still nothing,

This is an electrical and/or sensor problem that will have to be diagnosed in person. Although the sensor may be connected, if the wiring to the sensor adds resistance due to corrosion or poor connections that can cause this kind of error message. But, there are other possibilities as well and so typically it is best to just follow, very closely, the diagnostic decision tree in the service manual. If you do not have the service manual, and want a quick resolution, please request a visit from one of YourMechanic’s certified mechanics. The recommended service to request is an electric problems inspection. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.