Q: I keep getting a cylinder 3 misfire code P0303. I have replaced the spark plugs and ignition coils and have had no luck.

asked by on December 21, 2016

I have had a cylinder 3 misfire code a few times and I have addressed the issue they way I was told to. Change plugs and coil but nothing seems to work. I have had a compression test done and all heads on the car are fine within 2 percent of one another. I don't smell any gas and the car does not shake. I don't believe I have any leaks as I check regularly. What else could be wrong?

Hello There,

You may want to try checking things like mass air flow sensor, fuel pressure, injector connections/pulses, etc. Often times, when these components are not working properly or causing a lean fuel condition, this may cause a misfire due to the lack of enough fuel to properly ignite the air/fuel charge in the cylinder. You may also want to check for air or intake leaks as this can also contribute to a lean fuel condition that may potentially cause a misfire, although not quite as likely as the others mentioned.