Q: Possible electrical issue - 2008 Dodge Avenger

So my car had no power to it at all and had to be jumped to start it. But bonce I turned the car off it would need to be jumped again. Room the battery to automate and they told me the battery was at 45% and it didnt seem like the battery was the issue. I had the fully charge it and the put the battery back it. Started up fine and I drove it about 20 minutes home. Woke up this morning and the lights were dim and the Alar was weak. There was not enough power to start it. Please help. What could it be?

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. A battery at ...

Hello, thanks for writing in. A battery at 45% power is a bad battery. If it takes a charge and then is back to "45%" within hours, the battery is not holding a charge correctly. There is possibly a parasitic drain or a problem with the alternator that is contributing to the issue. A certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the charging issue and assist with repair.