Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-trnbkojs:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-trnbkojs:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-80463-trnbkojs:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-trnbkojs:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-trnbkojs:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-trnbkojs:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-trnbkojs:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-trnbkojs:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-trnbkojs:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-80463-trnbkojs:173:8

Q: Transmission not shifting into reverse.

When engine is running it will not shift into reverse gear. If I turn off engine it will easily shift into reverse. This is a 6 speed manual transmission.

A: Hi there. If all of the other gears work a...

Hi there. If all of the other gears work and only the reverse gear does not work, then there could be a bent shift fork or the reverse input gear has chewed up the teeth. It is very common for a driver to place there hand on the shifter when driving on a long drive and the vehicle in overdrive. This causes a little added weight on the shifter making the shift fork to bend a little. Over time, the shifter fork will bend enough to not allow the shifter to engage the reverse gear. Then the shifter forks need replaced. If the forks are replaced and the problem still continues, then the reverse input gear is damaged and the transmission needs an overhaul or replaced. If you need further assistance with your transmission not shifting into reverse, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.