Q: Fuel pump issues

I crank the vehicle, it sparks and starts but immediately dies after, like its not getting enough fuel?

A: Hello. There are a couple possibilities inc...

Hello. There are a couple possibilities including the fuel issue you have mentioned. If you spray additional starting fluid in the intake and it runs longer, then that’s a clue that fuel starvation is the problem.

See if you can hear the fuel pump turn on and pressurize in the fuel tank. If there is dead silence there (e.g., no click and no momentary "whirrr" as the pump pressurizes to 40 PSI with key in the on position; not start, just set to "on" but don’t attempt to start) then you have to figure out why. Failure of the fuel pump could be wiring related or the pump could be dead.

There are other possible causes relating to sensors in the air induction system, failed crankshaft position sensors or camshaft position sensors, problems with injectors, bad PCM (not likely) but I would start by testing fuel pump first to see if it is even operating.

If you get stuck, by all means YourMechanic can travel to your site, diagnose your starting issue, and repair this in short order.