Q: Why did my car leak oil? 2004 Cadillac DeVille

asked by on August 31, 2016

I did my own oil change and I switched to fully synthetic oil from regular. So i did the oil change and started the car, next thing i know is that i get an error message that says oil pressure is low. Then i get out of the car and saw that all my oil leaked out.

Oil Pressure Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hey there. You must have gotten the oil filter double gasket from the old gasket O-ring left on and put a new filter on, and it would not let the new filter seal. Remove the oil filter and check for two O-rings and then remove one and reinstall and refill the engine. If you would like to have this scoped out, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the Oil Light and determine what should be done.