Q: Why did my car leak oil? 2004 Cadillac DeVille

I did my own oil change and I switched to fully synthetic oil from regular. So i did the oil change and started the car, next thing i know is that i get an error message that says oil pressure is low. Then i get out of the car and saw that all my oil leaked out.

Hey there. You must have gotten the oil filter double gasket from the old gasket O-ring left on and put a new filter on, and it would not let the new filter seal. Remove the oil filter and check for two O-rings and then remove one and reinstall and refill the engine. If you would like to have this scoped out, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the Oil Light and determine what should be done.

3. Why did my car leak oil? 2004 Cadillac DeVille