Q: Hello, i turned off my bmw 335i while still on Drive gear. I put it in park and tried turning it on. It does not turn on. What co

Hello, so last night i pulled in my drive way and accidentally turned off the push start button while i still had my car in drive. Put car in drive. When i went to turn on the car it will not start. All the lights and radio come up but car does not start.

This is something that is likely related to what is called a neutral safety switch, which prevents the vehicle from being started while in gear. Your vehicle has a neutral safety switch that will prevent the vehicle from starting when it is in any gear position other than park or neutral. Occasionally, this switch can malfunction causing the car to stall as soon as you put it into any gear. This switch usually also monitors gear selection data as well, that is transmitted back to the computer. This switch is connected to the starter solenoid which allows it to complete the starter circuit only when the transmission is in park or neutral. In some cases, if the switch is bad, it will not allow the car to start as a result of the switch producing a faulty signal indicating that the car is in gear even when it is not. In other cases it may cause the car to stall when engaging reverse or drive. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Hello, i turned off my bmw 335i while still on Drive gear. I put it in park and tried turning it on. It does not turn on. What co