Q: Service Engine Soon Light and P1441 Code, even after replacing purge solenoid

My car gave me a P1441 code and I looked it up on the Internet, and found that I needed to replace the EVAP Evaporative Emission Control System canister purge solenoid. I ordered one and replaced it, but my car is still idling rough and the Service Engine Soon light was still on. What do you think I should do now? Any suggestions?

A: Although some codes require a certain numbe...

Although some codes require a certain number of drive cycles without problems to reset the Check Engine Light, it sounds like there is still fuel vapor flow from the EVAP system into the engine when there should not be. It’s possible the vacuum/pressure sensor for the EVAP system has failed. A professional mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, can help diagnose the rough idling issue and let you know what repairs are needed.