Q: Why does my car accelerate slow?

When i step on the gas, my car doesn't accelerate or pick up speed.

There are many factors we must take into account before making this type of diagnosis. The concern can be electrical or even mechanical. A seized brake caliper can hinder performance. A poorly tuned engine can also suffer performance issues from a clogged air filter or weak ignition system. If you want to have this checked out, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect your acceleration issue and pinpoint which components need repair.