My car overheat 10 minutes into driving it also it steams...

Q: My car overheat 10 minutes into driving it also it steams from the exhaust

asked by on February 20, 2018

Steam from.exhaustbshakey while driving overheats withing 10 minutes of driving and service light says p0306 cylinder 6 random misfire

These sound like classic symptoms of a head gasket problem. If there is a break that is allowing coolant to get into a cylinder it will cause a misfire, rapid overheating, and steam in the exhaust. The steam will have a kind of sharp-sweet smell as it is burning coolant. The code 306 indicates a misfire on cylinder six. But don’t panic yet. Have a professional check this out before you buy any expensive parts or make any big decisions. Contact YourMechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your Nissan and let you know what it is going to take to solve your problem.