Q: How does the audio system theft protection work?

How does the audio system theft protection work?

A: Your car’s radio has protection against the...

Your car’s radio has protection against theft in the form of a special code that has to be put in to get the radio to work if it ever loses power. This code will also need to be entered in the radio whenever the battery is disconnected or replaced. Here’s what you need to do:

1. Locate the radio code for your unit (it could be on a sticker in the glove box, on a card with your other paperwork or elsewhere).

2. Turn the ignition on.

3. Hold the audio system’s power button for at least three seconds.

4. When you see “enter code” on the audio system screen, input your code using the preset buttons.

Tip

Your code may also be included in your owner’s manual kit.