Q: P1717 check engine light code on Acura TL type s 07

My check engine light came up and I put the scanner and read P1717 and said refer to owners Manuel , I've search online and most people say it's a transmission range switch , and one that said o2 sensors or catylic converter issues. Which one is it?

Hi there. This OBD-II code pertains to the transmission selector range switch. This switch tells the transmission what gear you are selecting. This code can be induced if the battery voltage got below 11 volts. The solution is to either have the transmission position selector switch replaced or have a mobile mechanic clear the codes, start the car and see if it was an electrical glitch.