Q: No start - timing redone slow crank

Basically, my question is I've done a lot of work on his truck. Before I did the timing belt the engine would crank but no start due to the timing belt being chewed up and not spinning. I reset the timing and put on a new belt. Now the vehicle has a slow crank like the battery is dead but even jumping etc does the same thing. The battery has 12.8 volts charge but I'm trying to figure out if the slow cranking is due to the timing slipping again or anything along those lines, to me it seems more of a power issue but I wanted to get clarification to see if bad timing could cause a slow, shuddering crank.

Hi there:

When the engine is slow to crank, it’s typically an indication of a battery that has low cranking amps. Although the voltage might be good, the cranking amps is what helps the car to initially start. It’s also possible that your timing is too far advanced, as that can also impact the Nissan’s ability to start efficiently. If you’ve checked your crankshaft position sensor and other ignition system components and still can’t find out the source of your problem, you might want to have one of our local mechanics complete a car is hard to start inspection.

3. No start - timing redone slow crank