Q: Shaking at low and high speed, clicking noise from the left front tire

asked by on November 04, 2016

Car shakes at high and low speeds, sounds like a helicopter

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there, thanks for writing in. The issue you’re describing is most likely due to failed or damaged wheel bearings on the driver side. Every wheel on your car is attached to a hub and inside this hub is a set of lubricated wheel bearings that allows your tires and wheels to spin freely without building up too much heat. They are engineered to last a very long time, however, eventually they will lose their lubricity, wear out, and need to be replaced. If they break entirely, it can cause a wheel/tire combination to fall off the car while at speed, leading to a very unsafe driving situation.

Please contact a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, and have them inspect your vehicle’s shaking condition first, which would include a test drive to be certain that the wheel bearings need to be replaced. This is a job that should be done in pairs (so have both sides replaced at the same time).