Q: Transmission bearing

asked by on December 16, 2016

Just left the mechanics. At first they thought it was a wheelbearings but then said it was the bearing in the transmission how much would that cost me to replace that or what I need to get a new transmission all together?

Hello. In most cases you can replace a transmission bearing, however it will require removal of the transmission. In most instances it is more cost effective to replace a bearing then it is the entire transmission. The exact cost would depend on which bearing needs to be replaced, as there several inside of the transmission.