Q: ABS malfunctioning

asked by on October 01, 2016

Hi,

I own a Ford Figo, 2011 model in India. My ABS has malfunctioned. At the Ford garage, the mechanic says that the ABS motor and ABS wiring needs replacement. I asked him to effectively remove the ABS functionality from my car as there isn't any issue with the braking system so far. He says that is not an option. My questions:

1. Is his response correct?
  2. In case I get back my car from the garage without repairing the ABS system, will I face any problems.

P.S : My ABS malfunctioned and the ABS indicator is on since the past 2-3 years.

ABS Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Your ABS system is not required to maintain driving the car regularly. The ABS is primarily based upon wheel speed sensors that relay wheel speed to the ECU which then determines whether or not there is a correction needed and then engages the ABS system. When these sensors are bad this will cause the ABS system to engage incorrectly when it is not necessary. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose and repair your ABS system.