The thing that the spark plug goes into broke. Do you kno...

Q: The thing that the spark plug goes into broke. Do you know what it's called and where I can get a new one

asked by on July 06, 2017

Replacing the spark plugs, got them all out, the thing they go into was loose. My son in law tried to tighten it up and it broke. I need to know what it's called and if it can be replaced, or if I need a whole new head

If you are referring to an issue with the female threads in the aluminum cylinder head, into which you install and tighten the spark plug, if the plug broke at those threads, or the cylinder head threads got damaged, there are some on-vehicle repair possibilities. The most efficient thing to do is to request a firsthand look by a certified mechanic who will be in a position to maximize your chances of not having to remove the head. I would simply use YourMechanic’s spark plug replacement service link and just note on the request that you are seeking "removal and repair of a stuck plug". If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.