Q: Just had the intake manifold replaced and now got it back from the mechanic and the car runs like crap an sounds bad

2005 Lincoln Town Car signature edition 4.6 V8 manual changed intake manifold at mechanics got car back and it so bad sounds so loud noise almost sounds like the engine is blown but still starts no problem they didn't even connect to one of the ground wire was wondering if the problem could be that they put the wrong intake manifold on and that this is causing the problem or what you think might have happened . Maybe got something to falling inside and now the engine is blown idk. I would appreciate it we are lossing money and this is our business car own a transportation company would you please help

A: It’s hard to give a specific answer with th...

It’s hard to give a specific answer with the amount of information supplied. I would need to see the vehicle to hear and see the problem myself. Why was the intake manifold in need of replacement? Was it a recall to change the intake manifold to the new style? It’s possible the intake manifold was installed incorrectly or damaged during installation. It’s also possible the manifold failed internally and lost a bolt or something into the engine, and thats the noise you’re hearing. If your engine was not making this noise before the manifold replacement, I would bring it back to the shop that did the work. You could have it diagnosed by an independent technician, and they can tell you if it’s actually related to the work the other shop did. I recommend having a technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and diagnose the noise for you. If the noise is truly that bad sounding, I would suggest not starting it until there is a technician there, ready to listen to the noise.