Q: When I come to a complete stop or an incline, the truck idles down and starts to shake really bad.

The truck shakes and idles down when I get ready to come to a stop or even on the road when I get up to about 50 and then I have to mash the accelerater it then stops

Hi there. The problem you’re describing typically is caused by a restriction in fuel flow, caused either by the idle control valve, ERG valve, or dirty or clogged injectors or throttle body that needs to be cleaned. If the shaking is related to the suspension, however, it can be due to a faulty brake master cylinder, wheel bearings, or ball joints.

Since there are several components that could be causing your shaking and idle problem, it’s probably a good idea to have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, determine why the car is vibrating or shaking to pinpoint the precise source and recommend the correct repairs.

3. When I come to a complete stop or an incline, the truck idles down and starts to shake really bad.