Q: Car engine shakes when in idle or Drive

My car's engine shakes when I'm in idle or Drive.

A: Hello. I am assuming that your motor mounts...

Hello. I am assuming that your motor mounts are collapsed since there is no Check Engine Light on.

Q: Noise at higher speeds, engine revs in park

Hello. The first step would be to have the new tires that you installed inspected for defects and to make sure that they were properly balanced. I would also have the wheel bearings checked as they could be causing the...

Q: Why does my Saturn ion keep cutting off on me while driving it's not my battery or my alternator

Hello. Thank you for writing in. The issue sounds like it is related to the transmission, and it may be electrical or mechanical. More specifically, it may be related to the torque converter. The torque converter has a solenoid in...

Q: Car starts, then shakes and idles rough

The fuel injection fuel regulator is leaking fuel into the intake when you are running and causing excessive fuel to get into the engine and this is the reason you smell gas fumes from the tail pipe. The fuel regulator...