Q: When we start the car, the engine shakes and makes a noise. In about 5 seconds, it cuts off. What's the problem?

Engine shakes when turned on and is making a weird noise then we can move slowly but then it cuts off

In general, the engine vibration you’re referring to is caused by a restriction of fuel flowing into the engine. This can be caused by dirty or clogged fuel injectors, a bad idle control valve, or the throttle body being dirty.

Due to the fact that many or multiple components might be the source of your Volkswagen’s shaking and noise issues, it’s a good idea to have a local mechanic complete an inspection of the shaking and vibrating problem. This service will allow them to pinpoint the source of your engine’s trouble so they can recommend the right service that will repair your vehicle.

• When we start the car, the engine shakes and makes a noise. In about 5 seconds, it cuts off. What's the problem?