Q: Chevy camaro reduced engine power warning

I have a v6 2011 camaro & when I was driving today a reduced engine power warning kept blinking & I could feel the car wasn't driving normally, so I tried to atleast get it home safely. While on my way home the car began to emit a heavy white smoke from the exhaust. So I had a mechanic run a diagnostic test & it said the fuel pressure regulator was the problem. The mechanic said he resetted the computer & now the problem no longer exist but if it happens again I should change the fuel pressure regulator. My question is should I just change the regulator now just to be safe? Is it Normal for problems like that to just need a reset to be fixed? & should I change my oil which my mechanic recommend I should (I just changed the oil 400 miles ago)?

Hi there. The fuel pressure regulator is one of those parts that does not have a recommended replacement schedule. It might be proactive of you to replace it, however, it is possible that the reduced power light may have been triggered by a different component. Before you make the decision to replace this component, I would recommend reading the reduced power light inspection page as it will show you several common causes that trigger this warning light.

3. Chevy camaro reduced engine power warning