Q: What does it mean when my Chevy captivia 2014 will not turn over and when I was driving it it cut off and said engine reduced

What does it mean when my car won't turn over in or crank I was driving it and it just cut off on me after making a loud knocking noise for about 1 mile

The knocking noise is usually an indication of an internal failure of some kind. This may be related to many different things, however the reduced engine power mode usually indicates that the computer has detected something wrong and is attempting to avoid additional engine damage. The check engine light indicates that there is likely something wrong with the engine or transmission in your vehicle and will usually come on in conjunction with the vehicle going into the reduced power mode. This happens when the vehicle computer detects something wrong with the engine or transmission that may potentially cause further damage or present a safety issue. It is important to have this diagnosed as soon as possible as it could range from something minor to something more serious. Unfortunately, there are many different reasons for this light to come on and the best way to diagnose is to have the vehicle hooked up to a scanner which will download the engine fault codes indicating more specifically what may be wrong. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.