Q: What could cause engine light to come only after driving for about 5 miles.

After driving car engine light cones on and it has rough idle doesn't matter if car is warm.or cold

The check engine light comes on when the computer systems on the vehicle detects a problem. There are hundreds of possible codes and problems that can cause those codes. You will need to have the computer tested to see what codes were stored to be able to use that code to diagnose the cause of the problem you are having.

3. What could cause engine light to come only after driving for about 5 miles.