Q: My control arm is just about broken i have to make a trip to ames and back will i be ok?

asked by on February 01, 2018

My passenger side control are is almost broken is what i was told. It does not vibrate or anything yet and i have to make a trip to ames and back today for work and just kinda wanna know the chances of me being stuck somewhere

Control Arm Assembly Replacement $124.30 - $980.94 Get a Quote

The advice depends on the nature of the break. If a bushing on the control arm is merely worn (broken), generally the worst that will happen is your tire will experience abnormal wear and might not be serviceable (usable) after the control arm is eventually replaced. Irregularly worn tires make wheel alignment difficult to impossible after suspension repairs. However, if a structural steel component of the control arm is cracked or broken, it is not recommended to drive the car at all. If the control arm breaks while underway, other damage may occur, up to and including bending the mounting bosses for the suspension on the vehicle sub-frame. The bottom line is I would have to see the exact present status of the control arm to give you a precise answer but if in doubt, the prudent decision is don’t drive the car due to the obvious potential risk. The control arm can be inspected, and repaired or replaced as needed, on a mobile basis right at your location if you request replacement of the control arm. If you request that repair service, the responding certified mechanic from YourMechanic will get this resolved for you promptly so you can have use of the car as soon as possible. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr