Q: Air Bag Light Illuminated 2006 Hyundai Elantra

I was driving down the road, telling a story, and in order to immerse my listeners a little more I slammed my fist down onto the dash, not, so hard i'd break it, and at that moment, my airbag light flashed and engaged. Since, it has not gone off. What Can I do to get the air bag light off (going from least to most invasive) Can I turn it off by resetting it somehow with a computer?

Hi - resetting the Air Bag light will require, at a minimum, a scan/reset tool capable of accessing the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) which monitors the air bag status. If the problem was a temporary disconnect at the air bag connector, resetting the status may correct this problem. If the impact damaged the air bag or it’s connectors, more will be involved in the repair. Unfortunately, YourMechanic.com is unable to offer this service at this time. Thanks for thinking of us!

3. Air Bag Light Illuminated 2006 Hyundai Elantra