Q: My "Service Air Bag" Warning came on, should i worry?

i turned on my moms 2008 chevy cobalt and when i did so the "service air bag" warning came on. What should we do? Also should we worry about the warning

A: The air bag light is an indicator that some...

The air bag light is an indicator that somewhere in the air bag system, there is a fault. The system will need to be tested with a compatible scanner that can access the air bag module. You may have problems with a seat sensor, the air bags, and air bag sensors. Only trained personnel should test and service the air bag system on any vehicle. For your safety, I highly recommend taking it to a local dealer to have the system tested and serviced. Anytime the light is on, the system will not activate in an accident.