Q: Shaking when gas pedal pressed

asked by on July 04, 2016

The front end shakes violently, when you press the gas pedal, until it gets speed up to 60 or more, feels like left front, had it to many shops, been told bent rim, which was replaced, maybe tranny? Getting worse every time I drive it

Hello there, it is not uncommon to have variations in higher mileage vehicles though they should not be this bad. A violent shaking would indicate a fault. The most common causes would be spark plugs and wires, fuel pressure issues, engine mounts, transmission mounts, or wheel balance. I’d suggest you get some assistance from a qualified technician who will be able to diagnose the shaking you’re experiencing and perform any repairs required.