Q: Would like to work for this sight ase certified.....

asked by on September 10, 2016

Looking for online help ase cert.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr

What type and brand of oil should I use in my 2008Chevrolet suburban LTZ? Over 100k miles

The vehicle calls for synthetic oil that provides better protection and should be on your oil cap indicating the proper weights and the brand should not matter as long as it meets GM standards on the oil cap or in...

Car smoking

If your car will not hold coolant, you will need to solve that before anything else. I'm not clear about the other issues, but it seems the coolant leak is the central problem. It may be a simple as a...

Smoke coming out of the vents into the cabin compartment.

Hi there. The green ooze that you saw was indeed coolant. The issue could be the heater core hoses or heater control valve is leaking coolant and the ventilation system on your air conditioning system to the open air outside...

Looking for info about most common OBD2 Codes

There are two (at least) quite distinct issues in regard to your general request: The first is, once a check engine light illuminates, what are the most "frequent" codes that are stored and thence downloaded, that is what does THAT...

Where is the fuel filter on. A mercury milan 2009

Hello, thank you for writing in. The fuel filter is located b,etween the fuel tank and the engine. With that being said, the filter will be on the same side of the vehicle as the gas tank, usually right behind...

I have a nail in my tire, its pressure is at 23. Should I put air in it until I get to the shop in the morning?

You did great in finding the nail in your tire in the first place; usually the problem goes undetected and can cause serious issues. Before the vehicle is driven, the tire pressure must be at the proper inflation level. I...

Axle shaft issue - 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe

Hi there. The dealer can say anything about the vehicle for other vehicles have had this issue, however, this is also a symptom of the transmission clutch grabbing hard when floating in between a gear selection range. Hyundai, Toyota, and...

Won't stay running

Hello and thank you for your question. It seems to be the transmission that is causing the engine to stall out when you are putting the vehicle into drive. The transmission could have a converter clutch lock up issue causing...

I have a loss of power when acceleration the car does not drive pass 10 or 15mph I change the plugs and also change the fuel filte

This may be result of a failing or dirty mass airflow sensor. This is a unit that is responsible for regulating the air flow into the engine as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor....