Q: Check Engine code P0340

asked by on February 28, 2016

The Check Engine light came on. The code is reading P0340 - Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit, Bank 1 or simple sensor.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement $105.83 - $832.44 Get a Quote

The code P0430 on this car is one of the most common failures that occurs. This code indicates a problem with the crankshaft sensor. I recommend seeking a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come and test your vehicle for you to verify a sensor malfunction. If this is confirmed to be the problem, they will be able to replace your vehicle’s crankshaft position sensor and have the code cleared for you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr