Q: Check Engine code P0340

The Check Engine light came on. The code is reading P0340 - Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit, Bank 1 or simple sensor.

The code P0430 on this car is one of the most common failures that occurs. This code indicates a problem with the crankshaft sensor. I recommend seeking a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come and test your vehicle for you to verify a sensor malfunction. If this is confirmed to be the problem, they will be able to replace your vehicle’s crankshaft position sensor and have the code cleared for you.

3. Check Engine code P0340