Q: Check Engine code P0340

The Check Engine light came on. The code is reading P0340 - Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit, Bank 1 or simple sensor.

A: The code P0430 on this car is one of the mo...

The code P0430 on this car is one of the most common failures that occurs. This code indicates a problem with the crankshaft sensor. I recommend seeking a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come and test your vehicle for you to verify a sensor malfunction. If this is confirmed to be the problem, they will be able to replace your vehicle’s crankshaft position sensor and have the code cleared for you.