Q: Overheating

asked by on October 04, 2016

We have change the thermostat and thermostat housing. We also change the radiator cap. It is still overheating and no heat. The heat was working but only when I press the gas. We drove it for over a hour before it ran hot. What could it be? My car has an automatic transmission.

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thanks for writing in. It sounds like the heater core and radiator core may be partly clogged. Have the flow through the radiator checked using a laser pointing temperature probe. If you find the radiator flow through the cores are restricted then replace the radiator and you may have to replace the heater core also or try to back flush it. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.