Q: Flashing service engine light

Driving down the interstate had no problems van service engine light started flashing truck seem like it went into limp mode have no power could it be spark plug or coil pack or something like that please help stranded

If the check engine light starts flashing it can be for many different reasons and all of them can be serious causing the catalyst to get damaged and exceed emission out put from the engine. You could have a misfire or an major sensor failure. You would need to have the computer scanned to retrieve the codes stored in memory since there are hundreds that it could be. Then a mechanic like one from YourMechanic can do the pinpoint test to see what caused the codes and the light to flash.

3. Flashing service engine light