Q: Windshield wipers get stuck

I had noticed my wipers were starting to slow down. After a big rain, they seemed to go back to normal. Now, when you turn them on, they go a quarter of the way up the windshield and stop. You can force them up then back down to complete the cycle. In certain places it will catch and move on it's own but then you have to finish helping it. Im not sure what needs replaced.

Hi there. It sounds like there is a restriction in the linkage that your wiper motor is connected to. It is possible that one of the rods has been bent and now does not move as it was designed to anymore. I would recommend having the linkage from your wiper motor inspected by a qualified professional to determine if anything requires replacement. I would also recommend having the wiper motor tested at this time to ensure that the motor is not a contributing factor to this issue.

3. Windshield wipers get stuck