Q: A piece of grommet fell into the intake manifold.

asked by on March 01, 2017

I was changing my pcv valve and a small piece of grommet fell inside the hole where the valve goes...will this be a problem ..my car is a 2000 chevy monte carlo 3.4 engine

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

This grommet is on the valve cover if I remember correctly and typically a small piece of material falling in would not be a big deal. It is best not to start the engine and attempt to have the piece of material removed by removing the valve cover. If the material cannot be found here, it has fallen into oil drain channels and may have made it’s way into the oil pan. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come to you and take a closer look at the situation and try to retrieve the piece of material before it can potentially cause trouble.