Q: Oil pan gasket leaking badly. Is it safe to drive it?

My car is leaking oil very bad. I was told it was an oil pan gasket leak. Can i drive it just a little and get to where i need to go? Or will it blow the motor?

A: This is a question that could only be answe...

This is a question that could only be answered after an inspection is done to see if the leak is an active heavy leak that may leak out all the oil before getting to where you have to go. The cost of getting a tow truck and riding in the truck with them to get where you have to go would be a drop in the bucket if the engine is blown from running out of oil. I would not recommend driving the vehicle if the oil leak is as bad as you make it sound until the repairs are done. If you need help with this repair, YourMechanic can dispatch a mobile, professional technician to your location to inspect the oil leak.