Q: What engines will fit into my 94 s10 blazer its a 4 door 2wd

I need a new engine for my s10 blazer i have a 98 f150 4.2 engine sitting around will that fit if not what will?

If your VIN has a "W" or "Z" in it the 4.3L engine used in model year 1993 and 1994 will fit and function properly with your existing engine controls. You have to match the VIN to the engine, though, otherwise the PCM won’t work. No other engines will work with your present engine computer (PCM/ECM).

If you search at Car-Part.com you will find an EXACT match for your truck and lots of choices at various yards around the country. Engine swaps on modern computer controlled vehicles must be exact matches because if you attempt to use an engine that is not cataloged as a direct cross reference for your car or truck, you will find that the engine computers are not interchangeable. Consequently, even if you can get a "different" engine to physically fit, it won’t start and run. And, you cannot flash re-program your existing computer to work with a new engine because all of these engines use different computer hardware, that is physically different PCM’s. In addition, the engine wiring harnesses are completely different, and the TCM (transmission control module) will have to be completely changed as well. As if that isn’t enough, if and once you substitute a new PCM and TCM they won’t work seamlesly, if at all, with the other computers on the vehicle such as the body control module but there are many other microprocessors involved as well. In the modern era, really the only way engine swaps using non cataloged, non interchangeable engines can work is if you literally carry over all electronic controls and wiring that are associated with the engine and the vehicle to your vehicle. Obviously, that makes it very impractical and so few people do it. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. What engines will fit into my 94 s10 blazer its a 4 door 2wd