Q: Steering not working

My wheels are not responding to steering, and the brake light and battery light are on. This happened all at once after having to come to a very quick stop.

Hello. It sounds like your engine drive belt may have broke. If this occurs your engine accessories will no longer spin causing the steering to be hard and the voltage light to come on due to no charging from the alternator. You should glance at the front of the engine to see if the belt is still there. If it is not then it needs to be replaced. If it is, then you may have an electrical problem with the vehicle. If the belt is fine then I would typically start by checking the alternator and scanning the computer for codes. If this is something that you were planning on having repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect and repair your steering wheel.

3. Steering not working